Multi-format translation tool
Virtaal, a feature rich translation tool that allows you to focus on translation, without the tool getting in the way.
Powerful yet simple
Powerful translation features to help you with your translation. All working in an uncluttered user interface.
Multiple formats, one interface.
A multitude of translation formats provided by the Translate Toolkit, including XLIFF and PO, in the same consistent interface.
Everything you need when you need it
Showing only what you need for the current translation, everything else is hidden away to not distract you from your most important task; translation.
About this release 0.7.1
This is a bugfix release, with one new feature (Drag and Drop support) that came as the simplest way to solve a bug.
- New and updated translations
- The Windows setup file now has a Galician translation for Innosetup
- Support for Drag and Drop into the Virtaal window (bug 1955)
- Improvements to the Moses machine translation plugin
- Search highlighting sometimes incorrect (bug 1944)
- Some improvements towards fixing bug 1789 (also search highlighting)
- Some performance improvements (search and startup time)
- Reduced memory use in long sessions
- Support for non-ASCII installation paths
- Support for non-ASCII usernames (bug 2000) [reported by Zbyněk Schwarz]
- The Windows build also includes some unreleased improvements in the Toolkit:
- Better XML tags test (bug 1971) [Seb M]
- Improvements to the Mozilla quality checks
- Corrected plural form for Scottish Gaelic [reported by Michael Bauer]
Mac - Beta
- Mac is still definitely in beta as we iron out any issues.
- Mac builds also include the above Windows changes.
- CTL and RTL languages are displayed correctly. We now use Apple’s CoreText to display e.g. Arabic correctly.
Known issues on Mac:
- Language that require specific input methods are not supported. This will impact CTL and RTL language.
- Native dialogs have been disabled as they causes crashes on Lion, they will be reenabled when that issue is resolved.
- Mac version 0.7.1-Mac-Beta-1 was unable to open XML based file formats. This is resolved in Beta-2.
About Translate House
At Translate House we’ve been developing localization solutions for over 10 years. We focus on building software that helps localizers to translate and help organizations take their software to new untapped markets.
Translate House is birthed out of Translate.org.za, a South African non-profit that pioneered community localization of products such as Firefox and OpenOffice.org into the 11 official languages of South Africa.
Translate House is taking the skills and technology born in Translate.org.za and bringing them to the wider world. Our aim is to bring them to you and your organization to help you touch more people.